The COVID-19 pandemic has suddenly affected our surroundings, but most importantly, our people.
Since the lockdown started in Trinidad and Tobago, Allan Jackman, an entrepreneur in the events and entertainment business, was worried about those who live in vulnerable conditions and were dependent on their jobs to support the needs of their families.
This may interest you: Two Jamaican citizens create device with PET bottles to help Covid-19 patients
He came up with the idea of teaming up with his community and other companies to work together and provide hampers of daily basic necessities to families in need.
“We never expected the big response we got from people to help with goods, with cash to buy the goods, even to do deliveries!”, Allan said in his interview. He was surprised and grateful to all the people who donated and collaborated to make it possible.
Like Allan, there are many other heroes who have made a difference during this crisis and given us hope in our communities. Let’s celebrate our heroes by sharing a thankful post on Social Media with the hashtag #ForTheHumanRace.
Más en Journey
- ¿Quieres reciclar y no sabes cómo? Comienza leyendo este diccionario de reciclaje
- Jamaica has a new flavour: Sprite Cranberry
- Nuvi, una nueva forma de darle vida a los residuos en República Dominicana
- ‘Mi Colonia sin Residuos’, un plan piloto que promueve el reciclaje en tiendas de barrio de Guatemala
- [VIDEO] Consejos de 3 recicladores para reciclar en casa correctamente